I know friends and family I have heard your complaints about us not updating the blog, so here's my attempt to update my blog while covering the 4 months of non-blogging. So did I make a new year's resolution to try an update my blog more often? Unfortuantely no, because my resolution was to only eat french fries once a week. What was Sean's? I don't think he made one... What was Tails' resolution? To snuggle with us more instead of sitting on the couch by himself :)
Well, Happy New Year! I'm excited for what 2010 will bring our little family. Will it bring a house? a new car for me? a friend for Tails? I don't know, we'll have to wait and see! If I had to guess out of those three it would be the first a house. We currently have "house fever" and are looking in lots of places! I saw another blogger post her top ten favorite things about 2009. I thought since I've not posted in awhile I would post my top ten moments of 2009. Drum roll please....
1. Rush begin born (See post Tiny Hands and Feet)
Rush in his bouncer at GiCi and Papa's
First Christmas blanket
2. Celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary. My husband is a wonderful man who I learn something new from almost everyday. He is my perfect match, I should thank God more often for him! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the evening, they are on my camera itself and I can't find the cord to connect it to the computer :(
3. Running the Rock n' Roll San Antonio half marathon with a group of friends. If you would've asked Sean and I at the beginning of this year if this was physically possible for us, we would've said no. However, once you run one, you are addicted! I look forward to us completing many more of these throughout the years and hopefully a full marathon in 2010! We'll keep you posted on that..but back to the race. There were runners/walkers that were 70+ with physical disabilities that were out there having a great time. Finishing the race is an experience I find hard to put into words...I was happily exhausted, Sean was exhausted...and not feeling to well. But again, we'll bot happily run another!
The whole running gang
4. Buying our first puppy, Tails Rebate Reese. What a joy/pain he's been! After we finished housebreaking this little guy, it's pretty much been all joy! Things you need to know about him: loves to steal socks/underwear, prefers laying on blankets and pillows, knows how to sit, speak, shake, down, roll over and give a kiss(thank you for those last two Julie!)
He was a lobster for Halloween
And Santa for Christmas
Just for fun :)
5. Our trip to Hawaii. A group of our friends took a trip to Hawaii in October. It was amazing, Sean and I were able to do all the things we didn't have time for on our honeymoon.
Sean's highlights: Swimming with sharks and hiking Manoa Falls and the North Shore
My highlights: Playing with dolphins and hiking Manoa Falls
6. Sean started graduate school to get his MBA at University of Houston. I'm so proud of him for deciding to do this to for our future!
Tails is very excited to learn as well
7. Christmas 2009, everything from the ugly Christmas sweater party to seeing Rush open his first Christmas morning presents. Christmas was the first time we got to see Rush since he was born! He is full of personality, and loves when any of the guys talk to him. His favorite things include his bouncer, the Rush and Papa dance and the game peek-a-boo. I got him to give me a little giggle but Sean had him laughing through a whole car ride! What a precious little boy, I miss him all the time!
8. Getting a full time job with Region 4. I'm a marketing specialist there and have met some wonderful people that work there. I'm learning more each day and am thinking about going to grad school in the fall.
9. Weddings: We first were off to ATL to celebrate Jacob and Krista's wedding, then here in Houston we watched our new friends Jennifer and JP exchange vows!
Again, no pics from Jen and JP's wedding cause I can't find my camera cord!
10. The summer of concerts: The Fray, Jason Mraz, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley (twice), Dierks Bentley, Blink 182, Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Pat Green
Again, Happy New Year! Maybe I'll blog again before 2011 ;)
kroger weekly ad new castle indiana
1 year ago